Moving on to food....
Pineapple Crock Pot Chicken
One of my favorite blogs of all time is Kath Eats Real Food. I've been reading this blog for several years now and am such a fan. If you haven't already checked her out I suggest you do so immediately! I've made many a meal showcased on her blog and they are always spot on. The other weekend when searching for meal ideas, I was browsing her site and stumbled upon the recipe for Pineapple Crock Pot Chicken and knew I had to try it. Lately I've been all jazzed about the crock pot and making as many things as possible with it. I am borrowing one from a dear friend because I don't own one (what.is.wrong.with.me?) and so the addition of this fun little appliance has got me inspired to try new things! I made a few changes to the recipe but not much. It is pretty fantastic just as it is....
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp black pepper, to taste
- 20 oz can pineapple chunks
- 2 tbsp mustard
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium red pepper, chopped
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- place chicken on the bottom of crock pot
- add spices (paprika through pepper)
- add chopped red pepper
- in a separate bowl, mix together pineapple (with juice), mustard, soy sauce, garlic, and red pepper flakes
- poor over the chicken and cook on high for 4 hours
We served ours on a bed of brown rice cous cous with a bit of sriracha on top!
This meal was warm, comforting, and very tasty. The sweetness of the pineapple pairs beautifully with the savory flavors found in the garlic, soy sauce, and spices. It has a wide range of nutritious, real foods and left me feeling satisfied but not stuffed. Better yet, it is so easy to put together. Maybe 10 minute prep? Grab your ingredients, do a little chopping and mixing, and throw it all in the pot. So easy. So good. So healthy. Enjoy!
Question of the Day: What is your favorite healthified crock pot recipe?