With the holidays quickly approaching (how is it honestly already November?!), I'm sure many of you are frantically searching for meal ideas and inspiration. If you're looking for some healthy, green deliciousness to add to your holiday menu, I suggest you give these brussels sprouts a try. They are simple to make and a definite crowd pleaser. What's not to love?
- 1 pound brussels sprouts
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon stone ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- preheat oven to 425 degrees
- wash brussels sprouts
- cut each brussels sprout in half and place in mixing bowl
- in a separate bowl, mix together maple syrup, mustard, and oil
- pour syrup/mustard/oil mixture over brussels sprouts and toss
- line a baking a baking sheet with foil and place brussels sprouts on it
- stick in the oven and roast for aprox. 20 min or until edges are a bit crispy
I served mine with a bit of Organicville Foods Sriracha Sauce* on the side for dipping, which by the way, rocks! Did you know that most sriracha sauces are made with fish extract and preservatives? Blech. I am not a fan of those things. Good thing Organicville made this sriracha because it is vegan and made out of simple, real food.
Alongside my brussels, I made a Dr. Praegers* veggie burger. I picked out the California style burger and have to say, I was quite pleased. It has nice, big chunks of veggies in it and when put under the broiler, it forms a lovely crispy outside. Just the way I like it.
Question of the Day: What is your favorite green vegetable?
*These companies sent me either a free sample or a coupon allowing me to pick up an item for free in exchange for my review.