Good thing tomorrow is FRIDAY!!!
I really like weekend breakfasts. They are one of my favorite things, ever. There is no rush to throw something together and I can take my time making and eating something really tasty. Not that my weekday breakfasts are lame. I make sure that I am up early enough to make something great. Usually stove top oatmeal! However, there is nothing leisurely about those breakfasts. Rush, rush, rush...blah.
Now, this recipe is nothing overly creative. None of my recipes are. That isn't my goal here. I like things easy, fast, healthy, and delicious. Meals don't have to take hours to prepare in order to taste really good and it doesn't have to be difficult to find something healthy to whip up. On that note...
Whole Wheat Cinnamon Raisin French Toast
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 pieces whole wheat cinnamon raisin bread
- bananas, berries, and warmed maple syrup
- heat a griddle or pan - medium
- whisk milk, eggs, vanilla, and cinnamon in a medium sized bowl
- dip each piece of bread into mixture, let soak for just a moment, making sure each side is evenly coated
- coat griddle or pan with cooking spray and add bread, allowing to cook on each side roughly 2-3 minutes (until golden brown)
- top with berries, bananas, and warm maple syrup
Why this is good for you...
- whole wheat bread provides whole grains and fiber
- fruit gives you vitamins and nutrients
If you add a bit of peanut butter, you could also get a dose of protein and healthy fats. Add that to the fiber in the bread and you are good to go. Fiber, protein, and healthy fats will keep you full all morning long...just what you need from breakfast!
I can't wait to make this again this weekend!