Do you have fun plans for the weekend? I'll be doing my normal things. Running, grocery shopping, relaxing.
So, last night I looked in my fridge and had a difficult time deciding what to make. Having roughly three items in the refrigerator didn't help. I didn't really have only three things, more like seven. Point is, it is bare bones city in there. Although the choices were limited, I did have eggs and when you have eggs, a lot of meals are possible.
I pieced together a lovely little frittata that ended up being quite delicious!
I feel like you can't really screw up a frittata. Just through a bunch of stuff into a pan and call it a day. Easy. Tastes good. Good for you.
For this concoction I used...
- 2 eggs and 4 egg whites
- a spoonful of pesto
- a cup of broccoli
- a layer of shredded monterey jack cheese
Here is what you do...
- turn on the broiler (mine was set to 450 then turned to 500 for the last few minutes of cooking)
- place broccoli into a greased pan (make sure the pan can go into the oven!!!)
- mix eggs, egg whites, and spoonful of pesto
- pour over broccoli
- sprinkle cheese on top
- broil for 7-9 minutes at 450 then just a few more minutes at 500 (keep a close eye on it)
- enjoy :)
This meal gives you protein and veggies, which we all know is a winning combination. I served mine along side some berries to keep things well rounded.
I plan on doing some baking and soup cooking this weekend and I'll be sure to share the details with you soon. Happy Friday!