To be truthful, I was putting all sorts of pressure on myself to get X number of posts in per week, even on days when I came home from work and was exhausted. That pressure lead me down a road I didn't want to be on. I was feeling forced to blog, like it was one more thing I needed to do in my crazy busy day.
I want this blog to be a source of excitement and joy and never, ever something I feel like I have to do. Food, nutrition, and fitness are my passions and this blog is meant to fulfill and support those passions. Plain and simple. So, I've decided to post when I feel like it. That could mean posting seven times per week or once a month. Who knows. Remember, this is for enjoyment...no pressure allowed :) For those of you who read, I know you'll understand and I hope that you'll choose to stick around. If not, that's cool too.
Anyways...you pasta lovers are going to be happy about this one! This dish contains four ingredients, is perfect for lunch or dinner, and is pretty well balanced. Oh, and it takes ten minutes. Perfect.
What You Need
- 2-3 servings whole wheat pasta
- Canned chickpeas
- 1 wedge laughing cow cheese
- Big ol' handful spinach
What You Do
- Boil your pasta
- While the pasta is doing its thing, drain and rinse your chickpeas (rinsing them removes the excess sodium)
- Once pasta is cooked to your liking, drain and place back into pot. Combine with chickpeas and spinach. The heat from the pasta will wilt the spinach so it's not so voluminous.
- Place the cheese into the pasta, chickpea, spinach mixture and stir until it is melty.
- Plate and eat! I added some sriracha because sriracha makes everything better...plus a sprinkle of parm.
You've got fiber (pasta), protein (chickpeas), vitamins A and C (spinach), and calcium (cheese).